If you want to know how to backup your Gmail messages in a matter of seconds. Then you are on the right page.
This simple guide will introduce Gmail Backup procedures, tools that aid easy and safe back up and how to restore your backup to your device.
A good number of reasons might make you want to back up your Gmail. Maybe you’re attacked by hackers or wrong login attempt and you were temporally denied access to your account, etc.
Gmail Backup | Easy Steps to Gmail Back up
You can keep your emails in your inbox safe. By applying a safety measure. However, your messages can be backed up to Google Drive, an external USB drive or a local hard drive. Which can be restored using a backup and restore tool.
List Gmail Backup Tools
- Handy backup
- Google default backup and restore tool
- Email client tool
This post shows you the easy way of saving your messages using the Google native backup tool. This tool can help you download your emails in the form of achieves in a ZIP or TGZ file. But we recommend downloading in a zip form so it can easily open in most of your devices.
Also, know – using Google native tool will not only aid you backup emails but as well other Google data you have.
Steps to follow…
Data Export from Google to a Safe Drive or online storage
- Make sure you are logged in into your Google account
- Visit the data download page (all package that has your data are auto-selected by Google)
- Uncheck all at the top of the page and scroll down to select the only email.
- Choose the medium you would want Google to send the achieve file to you. (either through a download link, drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, and Box)
- Select file type (Zip)
- Choose the maximum to achieve size.
- You achieve the file that will be delivered to the selected medium when created. (it might waste a bit time to get delivered depending on the size of your messages).
Since I aim to take you through the simplest ways you can save your messages for future reference. I will introduce another easy step.
This step will save your incoming messages to other email platforms.
Here is how to do it…
- Login to your account
- Go to Gmail setting
- Set up a filter
A third-party backup tool to backup and restore your emails
You can also use third-party email backup software like GMvault to save and restore your messages. From an old Gmail account to a new one. At no cost.
I can’t end without introducing you to Mail Archiver X, and UpSafe. There are all great backup tools but paid platforms.
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, Pinterest