Samsung pay; the new way to make payments with your credit or debit card at ease. Samsung pay app available on Google play store in connection with your Samsung device NFC serves as a mobile payment device as well as a digital wallet.
SamsungPay functions more like a POS and ATM machines but more advanced, in that it accepts payment with debit and credit cards but even surprising is a payment with a gift card and membership cards. Amazingly, payment with Samsung pay is free yet you earn rewards and cashback using it to make payment of items or products purchased.
How Samsung Pay Works
The truth is, payment with Samsung pay is more than just a digital wallet, the Pay functions allow the adding of your cards on your device so you can pay anywhere; in person, in-app, and online with cashback and extra rewards on purchases made with SamsungPay.
Payment with SamsungPay is accepted in select Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards from participating banks and qualifying Samsung devices.
List of Samsung Devices Compatible with Samsung Pay
In the above text, we stated that Samsung allows only a few set of Samsung models to use the SamsungPay, most of the devices compatible with the SamsungPay app feature are the recently released Samsung devices and a few older ones such as;
- Galaxy S20 | S20+ | S20 Ultra
- Galaxy S10e | S10 | S10+
- Galaxy S7| S7 edge
- Galaxy S6 edge+
- Galaxy S6 | S6 edge
- Galaxy Note10
- Galaxy Note5
Set up Samsung Pay – Samsung Pay Set Up On my Phone
Samsung Pay App Download
The download instructions are simple and easy.
- Open Google play store
- Use the search bar tool and search for “Samsung Pay”
- Tap on the install button when the result displays
- Wait for the installation to finish
- Proceed to set up
To set up and start making payment as you are rewarded with cashback, and other bonuses and benefits follow up the process below.
- Open the App you download
- Tap get started
- Type new PIN and confirm it
- Add card (Debit, Credit, Gift or Membership card)
In the event, you don’t want to add a card, skip step 4, and continue to finalize your setup.
Add a Payment Card – How to Add a Payment Card in Samsung Pay App
Adding a card is simple if you skipped the process during the account set up for the first time.
- Open the app
- Tap the menu icon
- Chose card type, tap on the add credit card or debit, gift or membership card
- Register your card by entering your card details
- Finalize the card adding process following the rest of the instructions.
Make Payments with Samsung Pay – Pay with SamsungPay
You can easily pay for your purchases using the app. Don’t forget that you are being rewarded for every purchase you make with your Samsung pay.
- Launch the app
- Tap pay
- Select card type if you added multiple cards
- Enter your payment PIN or Fingerprint depending on the security setup you used
- Get your phone close to the reader and your payment will be processed.
- Open your Pay App on your phone
- Click on the sign-in button
- Enter your username
- Key in your Password
- Click login