Hey! Unpredicted weather can cause uncertainty concerning your plans for the day. That is no longer a problem to tackle today because technology has paid the price. Thus, with weather radar, you are safe.
So, you are sure of achieving all you target and goals for the day knowing how to go about the weather in your plans. It is to human to plan and is wisdom to protect it from uncertainties. And, one of them is weather radar.
If you are dressed for the day and you can’t explain what the weather holds for the day, you are wrong. You may want to embark on a long journey with your family; storm can cause a lot of trouble to your flight that you should consider especially with loved ones.
So, if you are interested in finding weather radar near you to keep your schedules safe, then you should browse weather radar near me on the map. This goes easy for you following the steps we have for you. With this, you can find the list of weather radar stations or reports near you.
More to that, there are also interesting facts you will want to tackle, we have some covered on this page. All you got to do is to fix your eyes on the screen till the end of the page. Mind you, until you get what you want, you have not come to an end of the thing. So as this, when you are not yet satisfied, you can go through it again, or finish it up if you haven’t done that.
Weather Radar Near Me – How to Find it on the Map
Today, you must be excited to know how weather radar works. You will be able to find that out as you read on for more details.
Do you know that you can take these steps with your Smartphone? So, look no further for a sophisticated gadget. Then, you will have to put on your GPS. This will enable your location status.
- Launch your browser or click on the + button on your browser to open a new tab if you are already on the web.
- Next, log onto https://www.google.com/maps. Here come the world’s locations in a fold. You can now search for the keyword and you get results within a minute.
- Now you should look out for the search menu at the top left side of the page. There, you should key in the keyword and hit the search button to find the list of weather radars close to you. As long as the search tool is available, there will be no time to waste while finding what you want. So, you should be able to see the list of result you searched for.
Search: Just beneath the search menu, you will find a weather radar station near me. Or, you can look through the large map where the location icon is spotted.
How does Weather Radar Works
Guess you are yet to understand how radar works. It works actually very well with the help of a transmitter and receiver. The work of the transmitter is to emit pulses of microwaves outwards, in a distinct circular manner. Thus, when precipitation is present, the microwaves are scattered and sends energy back to the transmitter. So, as it is sent back to the transmitter, the precipitation will be detected by the radar’s receiver. The truth is that some station is better than others as they have more elaborate weather radar system.
Colors on Radar Map, Do they have any representation?
Of course, they represent and you don’t need to be a meteorologist to understand colors on the radar. You can easily stay informed without the help of anyone just by knowing what each color represents. Moreover, color schemes can vary from station to station. In as much as this is a probability, they are common colors in use.
Common colors used for precipitation
- Light green – It indicates light rain or rain is not yet reaching the ground.
- Dark green connotes light to moderate rain
- Orange indicates very heavy rain or downpours.
- Red simply means extremely heavy rain, hail, and severe storm systems.
- White and blue simply connotes Snow. It turns white when there will be lesser accumulation of snow and blue is vice versa.
- Pink Shows freezing rain, sleet, or mixed precipitation.