Technology has changed a whole lot of things in our society today. The impact of technology on our society has reached a point that it has touched everything. Right from the way we communicate to the way we do things.
The impact of technology cannot be overemphasized, as it has come to stay with us. But the question is, are we ready to stay with it, as it has altered the way we do things. Let us see how technology has impacted on society by retooling the people.
Impact of Technology | Technology on Society in Generation of Today
- Each day comes with an advancement of technology to make things easier for mankind. Some of them lessen the burden in our homes like the LG wifi fridge that can e-mail you when your shopping time comes around with what all groceries you need to buy. With WiFi access and an Operating System (OS), anything is possible. You can program your fridge to automatically order your groceries from an online delivery service weekly.
- Printing has advanced to the point where you can print in 3D. There’s a lot of buzz around these 3D printers and how amazing their capabilities are and, more importantly, how amazing their accuracy is! Need a hammer? Print it. Need a new phone case? Print it. Broke a plate? Print it!
- The mobile industry has boomed with the constant development of new technologies in mobile devices. Keep in mind that mobile devices are not just your cell phone: it’s also your iPad, iPod, Chromebook, and pretty much anything that is an on-the-go device. The competition between the companies in the mobile industry is incredible! Samsung’s newly released Galaxy S4 has set new standards for processing speeds, and Apple continuously develops new features on their iPhones. And let’s not forget the app developers. Without app developers, we’d be lost with our mobile devices. The competition forces new intuitive ideas between companies, as well as faster hardware. Along with the development of the hardware and software, there’s also the actual networking of phones. You can use your phone to contact your friends anywhere from across the world, the country, the state, the city, the county, the neighborhood, the house, and yes, even the room. Not only can you reach them, but it’s fast and — for the most part — reliable.
- It seems that more and more people are moving away from face-to-face interactions, but instead moving towards a more technology-driven way of life. Society almost needs to use technology to communicate. Without it, we would be completely lost with minimal communication.
- The impact of technology on society cannot be exhausted because it is now part of the human race and we rely on technology for almost everything. It crisscrosses the affairs of mankind. So, because it has come to stay, we need to learn to stay with it, as it also has its negative impacts too.