Chromebook keyboard shortcuts that make Using Chrome OS Smart are set of hotkeys that make the use of your chrome OS smart and help you accomplish a task more speedily and efficiently.
In this post, I will share a few Chromebook keyboard shortcuts that can help you do more in less time especially in the work environment. This doesn’t mean it add any fleer to everyday use but more so for people who want to get the task done faster and effectively.
Open multiple Browser window
Doing a lot of work or complex projects comes with a lot of research and digging deep into the task at the moment which most times requires that you open multiple windows on your browser.
So with Chrome OS Dock Browser windows in other words called browser instance, you can open one browser instance for dashboards, one for apps, another for Gmail, a third for Google Docs you’re working on, and, perhaps, one for music and dock to any of the dashboard side-by-side or right.
Steps to dock your Screen on Chrome OS
- To access two screens side-by-side, click “Alt +” to dock one browser instance to the left
- To dock to the right-click “Alt +”.
It’s not uncommon to have multiple tabs open on your screen or your Chrome OS People do this often when they’re searching the web or working in different apps, especially with a task that comes with complex research and a lot of finding to back of fact and references. So with Chromebook keyboard shortcuts, you can switch in between tabs.
Steps to switch between Open Tabs
- To switch to most recent open tabs, hit “Alt + tab”.
- Secondly, to get a tiled view of all of your open browser instances to keep holding Altafter pressing tab.
- Click the Ctrl + tab to navigate between browser tabs.
Reopen Closed Tabs
Most times we might run into one or two issues and we mistakenly or unknowingly close a tab. It happens. And that is okay. Here is an instruction to recover your closed tabs.
Steps to recover closed Tabs
- Hit Ctrl + Shift + Tand your most recently closed tab (or browser instance) comes right back.
- If you closed more than one, just hit that combination of keys again, and Chrome will keep restoring.
The Caps Lock Key
Shockingly, on Chrome OS there is no Caps Lock key and that is quite unbearable because there are a lot of things we would want to appear in bold form for laudable sake. But not to worry. You can combine the below keys to get your Text to appear in Caps.
Steps to Use Caps Lock to Chrome OS
- With the key combination “Alt +search” or “Alt + Assistant” (depending on the Chrome book you use) to activate and deactivate Caps Lock. (The search key typically features a magnifying glass and is located on the far left side of your keyboard where Caps Lock is on other laptops).
For frequent use of Caps Lock key enable it permanently following the instructions below:
- Click the time in the bottom right corner of your screen. It will pull up different tools for you to use.
- Click the gear/settings icon in the top right.
- Scroll to Device and click Keyboard.
- Use the drop-down menu to the right of Search to select Caps Lock.
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, Pinterest