Google uses Google search and Google maps for Business listing and navigation. With Google My Business (GMB) you can manage your business online presence and make yourself discoverable to prospective clients and customers. GMB is a tool that helps people find your business using google search and maps. All that is required is to create a business profile on google and people near you and afar can easily locate what you sell or the services you offer online.
On GMB customers use a review feature on the platform to drop a review of their experience with your business or brand. And believe customer reviews is one compelling ad strategy that works when you talk about brand competition and reach. More so, listing your business gives you an edge in local SEO. With Local SEO your business website or web page gets to the top of Google’s first page whenever a key term related to your business is searched on the google search engine.
Benefits of Google My Business (GMB)
There are enormous advantages to using GMB. However, for the sake of this post, I will mention the three major benefits of GMB. Without wasting much time listing your business on GMB gives your business an online presence and discoverability either through google map or search –Local SEO, secondly, it provides customers with what they need to know about your business at a glance without having to contact you or visit your business site.
How to Get Started with GMB
The instructions to get started with GMB are going to be brief and comprehensive, follow it carefully, and gain online presence and local discoverability.
- With an internet-enabled device visit google.com/business/.
- Log in with your Google account. Don’t have one create one here.
- Key in your business name.
- Fill in your business location and other required business information.
- Carefully follow the business ownership verification process.
- Locate your business on the map and place it there. At the exact location point.
- Make sure you carefully follow the registration process to finish.
To access your business login page and log in to your business profile. Signing to your GMB gives you access to all the features at a spot. Without signing in to your account you can’t enjoy GMB features. Follow the below instructions:
- With your device, visit google.com/business.
- Tap the sign-in button.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click the login button.
Optimize Google My Business Listing
Yes, you have learned how to set up a GMB profile but then you will need to optimize your business profile to unlock more features that will be helpful.
Here is how to go about optimizing your business profile:
- On the business profile page, hit the info widget located at the left pane.
- You can change your business name, category and address, and lot of other info.
- Update your business info like, days when your business operates, description – to remain memorable and discoverable on google, pictures, opening date. and most important you can add products by tapping on the “Products” on the left pane.