Having come across this post simply tells me that you are in search of professional free courses to do online, or better still less affordable ones. Search no further, I will help you navigate to a course of your choice.
This post has a simple assignment to accomplish by the time you’ve read to the end – to show you why online courses are the best method of learning especially now that time and speed is highly sort after, the benefits and list of the best free courses to do online and where to locate courses of your choice.
Why Online Courses?
It has been argued over time which method of learning is best for students; either online or face-to-face learning. The reason being that face-to-face learning is more engaging, fun and interactive. But over time online learning otherwise called virtual learning has in recent times improved to be engaging making the learning process more exciting whereby students can easily understand, recall and make use of information in areas it’s needed.
How to do online Courses: How Online Courses Work
With your smart mobile devices and personal computers, you can access online courses anywhere anytime. This form of learning has made formal education a lot easier, fun and accessible with varieties of topics; entrepreneurship, banking, investment, business, marketing, tech and lot more.
Practically, you can access courses online in any form; in ways most preferred by you. Online courses can be tutored in different formats; Videos, text, infographics, images and even down to interactive platforms like forums, groups and social media pages.
Courses to do Online: What to look out when searching for an online course to do
When looking for a course to do online, you will have to consider the budget, (free or paid; if paid how much, does the amount worth it) duration for learning, the types of skills you want to build and if you want to be certified after completion. This consideration will help you in making a good choice.
Benefits of Free Online Courses
Over the years the learning process has evolved with a lot of changes in how people consume information. Yes, there might not be a time in the future when face to face learning system will be done away with. However, with the present drive for speed, accessibility, portability and ease the online system of learning will still be on the increase as days passes by.
The benefits of studying online are endless, but I will mention a few important ones here:
Online learning is more flexible, in the sense that you plan your learning period yourself in platforms where there is no fixed time for live tutoring. Interact with tutors and coursemates as well as save the learning material for letter reference.
Studying online programs gives more work experience and improves your current expertise. According to the Learning House, 44% of online students reported improvements in their employability because of online studying.
The most affordable form of formal education is online studying. Although not always true. Online studying is so affordable so much so that courses worth thousands of dollars in classrooms and colleges can be offered for free.
Yeah, in-classroom you are been forced to learn courses or topics the school has designated you to learn. However, in online studying, there is no such subjection. You learn what you want to learn. There is no best education other than the education you gained for yourself and by yourself.
In formal education where to study is as well a major deciding factor. Most times this limits the choice of subjects or courses to take. Studying online at your convenience makes you worry no more about class location. Because you can virtually access your courses anywhere and anytime.
Classroom learning subjects every student to one or two methods of learning, not minding that people have different ways of assimilation. Most people learn easily with pictorial illustrations, diagrams, videos, text, etc. which in online studying you got to choose which form is best for you.
Can I help you find online courses of your choice?
Going through so many websites to find preferred courses is overwhelming, but here is a good course navigator site called lore. online – a user-friendly website that lets you search for online learning options from various education websites like Coursera, Simplilearn, edX, Udacity, Masterclass, etc. You can compare these courses based on your budget, how much time you wish to dedicate to learning, and if a course offers certification or university affiliation. Most of all you can even get a good number of courses offered at no cost.
Comprehensive List of Free and Affordable Courses to Do Online and Places to locate them
Most people today are willing to share their knowledge with as many that will be interested. That is why online platforms that take students on the below-listed courses do it for free, though some don’t I bet the ones that do offer real value. For more info, conduct research on the listed courses below.
- Arts and music
- Business and management
- Computer science
- Humanitarian courses
- Science and cooking
- Arts and art history
- Data science
- Economics and entrepreneurship
- Contract law
- Architecture courses
- Social sciences
- Demography courses
- Design courses, etc.
Online platforms that offer Free and affordable Courses
- iClass Gyansetu– the best site to learn any course online.
- Big Data Hadoop,IoT, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing.
- Amazon Web Services, Salesforce Cloud, Software testing, Database Management, Networking, Web Development.
- Java, Php, Net.
- Machine Learning with Python, Advanced Excel VBA SAS, R Programming, SQL, Informatica & Oracle, Android Development.
- Web Designing, Digital Marketing, Redhat Linux.
- Edureka– Live Instructor-led Classes with 24*7 support and real-world case-studies
- HackSource—Programming tutorial search engine
- Ibanez— Take online training from experts
- myTectra — Take classroom as well as online training from experienced professionals
- edX — Take online courses from the world’s best universities.
- Intellipaat: Online Professional Training Courses and Certification
- Digital Vidya—Learn Data Analytics using Python, SAS, Excel & R
- Coursera — Take the world’s best courses, online, for free.
- Courses — Take a micro-course anytime you want, on any device.
- Highbrow — Get bite-sized daily courses to your inbox.
- Skillshare — Online classes and projects that unlock your creativity.
- Curious — Grow your skills with online video lessons.
- com — Learn technology, creative and business skills.
- CreativeLive — Take free creative classes from the world’s top experts.
- Udemy — Learn real-world skills online.
- UnelmaA—online learning platform
- Unelma Academy—online learning and earning platform
- Codecademy — Learn to code interactively, for free.
- Codeplace—Project-based tutorials and books
- Udacity — Earn a Nanodegree recognized by industry leaders.
- Plantoost— Plan and boost your knowledge in areas like web development, design and more.
- Platzi — Live streaming classes on design, marketing, and code.
- Learnable — The best way to learn web development.
- Code School — Learn to code by doing.
- Thinkful — Advance your career with 1-on-1 mentorship.
- org — Start learning today with easy tutorials.
- BaseRails — Master Ruby on Rails and other web technologies.
- Treehouse — Learn HTML, CSS, iPhone apps & more.
- One Month — Learn to code and build web applications in one month.
- OpenClassrooms– Free online tech courses
- Dash — Learn to make awesome websites.
- io— Find & Share the Best Online Programming Courses & Tutorials
- DataCamp — Online R tutorials and data science courses.
- DataQuest — Learn data science in your browser.
- DataMonkey — Develop your analytical skills in a simple, yet fun way.
- Duolingo — Learn a language for free.
- Lingvist — Learn a language in 200 hours.
- Busuu — The free language learning community.
- Memrise — Use flashcards to learn vocabulary.
- TED-Ed — Find carefully curated educational videos
- Khan Academy — Access an extensive library of interactive content.
- co — Search the largest collection of online guides.
- Squareknot — Browse beautiful, step-by-step guides.
- Learnist — Learn from the expertly curated web, print and video content.
- Prismatic — Learn interesting things based on social recommendation.
- DataFlair– Live Instructor-led & Self-paced Training Sessions
Most of all, the process of finding a learning option online that could match the subject topics you are looking for might be sometimes challenging. Many of the courses you would come across might be about the basics or advanced. However, been able to find a great course that matches your learning style – a mix of tutor and self-learning, intermittent projects and tests, etc. would have become an easy task by now having gone through this post.