What is Google Blog right? I know this question is not unfamiliar with many especially if you have heard about Blogger. Anyway, Google blog is a content publishing service company own by Google that allows people to create personal blogs at no cost in very easy and simple steps. Creating a personal blog with Google Blog is so simple and easily such that an internet newbie can do it in five minutes. The name Google blog comes from the fact that the publishing platform is own by Google but the real name or what many know it as is Blogger.
As outlined above, creating a personal blog with Google Blogger site or platform is free but then you have little or minimal control of the blog looks and build up in that your blog will be created under a subdomain called “.blogspot.com”. in a layman understanding, it simply means that the website or blog you will create on Blogger with bear the URL or your chosen site name and that of Google added name like www.myname.blogspot.com. But then you have unlimited space to publish anything you want. More so, if you so wish you can even start earning from it by displaying Google Adverts on the site after a period of six months and as your people visit your blog.
How to Create a Google Blog for Free
Follow the steps below to create a Google blog:
- Visit blogger.com.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- If you are asked to enter a display name, key in one and head straight to the dropdown arrow at the top left sidebar of your screen and tap “New Blog”.
- Key in the title of your choice and the blog name or domain name.
- Select a theme or template of your choice.
- Hit on the “Create Blog” button. That’s all.
Blogger Template: How to Install Blogger Template on your Blog
Installing a blogger template scares many away as they thought it to be a difficult task to do. However, it’s as easy as creating a blog that you just did a few minutes ago with the instructions above.
Here is how to go about it:
- Go and download the blog template you want to install on your blog.
- Sign in to access your blogger dashboard at blogger.com.
- Click on the “Theme” button.
- Locate the “Backup or Restore” button on the top right of the page and click on it to save your current settings.
- Under the “upload a theme from a file on your hard drive section” hit on “Choose File”.
- Select the file folder where you saved the Theme and click on the File that ends with “.xml”.
- Hit upload and wait for a successful upload.
- Save and click view to see the new effect.