Warehouse Management Software
A warehouse is a place where products are kept or stored before moving to the wholesaler or final retailer. A warehouse management software is a software program that is designed to handle daily activities and carry out operations in a warehouse. These activities include tracking of items shipped in and out of the warehouse, inventory documentation, keep track of the financial records, labor management, payment processing and a lot more.
WMS would also track of goods/products once it arrives at the warehouse and also tracks the item until it reaches the end-user(customer). More Read.
As an individual in the supply chain business, there are factors to be considered when choosing the appropriate WMS for your business which is listed below:
- Function: The need for your business would determine the type of Warehouse Management system to be used hence choose the WMS that can carry out the need for your activities.
- Warehouse size: The size of the warehouse also matters as the bigger the warehouse is, the more the functionalities of the WMS.
- Budget: select the WMS that has the functions you need and is within your budget.
- Customers: You need to identify your customer’s needs and the number of customers you have to determine the appropriate WMS to use to provide them with the best of service.
Some of the best warehouse software available that you can select from to use are:
Netsuite Warehouse Management Software
This software allows businesses and organizations to manage their supply chain with the aid of mobile RF devices and barcode scanning devices that can receive, picking of items as they come into the warehouse and also complete orders. They also provide yours with barcode tracking, task management, map of the warehouse and inventory management.
- Desco Bright Warehouse Management Software
This software is a cloud-based system that follows a SaaS(software as a service). It is a very cost-effective and powerful software for managing a warehouse irrespective of the sizes. It carries out a task such as inventory management, picking of goods in batch, does barcoding and labeling of goods, cross-docking, and allocate orders. It also has s shipping feature that can generate shipping labels and the shipping can be tracked.
- Astro Warehouse Management Software
Astro WMS helps in simplifying and reducing the work process and operational cost. It is one of the most skilled and sophisticated warehouse management systems and provides control over picking objects. It also features vehicle-mounted computers with integrated voice control and provides full traceability for orders shipped.
- Softeon Warehouse Management Software
Softeon is a cloud-based WMS that provides renovative solutions for businesses in supply chains. It is capable of handling complex inventory management functions, task management, good customer support and can handle a large amount of orders.
- High Jump Warehouse Management Software
High jump WMS is a robust mobile-enabled software that provides solutions for warehouses as the needs of the market may be. It provides labor management, order picking functions, multi-client operations.