Now, you must know that the Barclays Rewards MasterCard® offers decent rewards on grocery, gasoline, and utility spending. By using your card on these expenses will get you an above-average rewards rate of 2%. However, when it comes to everything else, other cards can perform better and deliver a higher value to consumers. This article will help you get on with Barclaycard Login.
Let’s, give you a detailed review of Barclays MasterCard with all its benefits and features.
Barclays Rewards MasterCard® Review
The Barclays Rewards MasterCard® is a good card that doesn’t have any features that make it particularly stand out from the crowd. It’s great for individuals who predominantly charge gas station, grocery, and utility purchases onto their credit cards in these categories, cardholders can earn a 2% rewards rate.
When it comes to all other purchases, however, you would be better off using other reward credit cards, since the Barclays Rewards MasterCard® will only award you a measly 1% back. With the Citi® Double Cash Card, for example, you can get a significantly better rewards rate on everything you buy. If you want to apply for just one card, consider how you are spending breaks down, and pick the one that best lines up with your budget.
Before you purchase Barclay reward MasterCard, you must weigh the advantages and disadvantages of the card.
- Those whose budget is heavy with gas, grocery, and utility expenses
- Those who want a low redemption threshold
- Earning a big welcome bonus
- Optimizers who want to get the highest rewards
One of the more disappointing things about the Barclays Rewards MasterCard® is the fact that it has no signup bonus. While it’s rare for credit cards with No Annual Fee to have high bonuses, most will still come with something to reward new customers.
Welcome bonuses are one of the things that make credit cards so worthwhile. They boost the short-term value of a card, and often double or triple the rewards you’d normally earn inside of one year.
- Bottom Line: The Barclays Rewards MasterCard® is worthwhile if your budget skews heavily towards gas, groceries, and utilities. Officially, this card is intended for those with good to excellent credit. However, if your credit score leans towards the higher end (720+) we recommend looking at other options.
Benefits & Features of Barclays Rewards MasterCard®
Here are all the benefits and features available for Rewards MasterCard®
- First, the Barclays Rewards MasterCard® awards users points that can be redeemed for statement credit, deposits into a U.S. checking or savings account, or gift cards. You need to gather at least 1,000 points before you can redeem them, at which point you get $0.01 per point.
- Second, using the Barclays Rewards MasterCard® to pay at gas stations, grocery stores and your utility bills will earn 2 points per $1. All other shopping with gets you just 1 point per $1. Because the card’s points have a straightforward redemption value of $0.01 per point, this puts the Barclays Rewards MasterCard® rewards rate anywhere between 1% and 2%. Note that Target and Wal-Mart are excluded from the 2x point category.
- Third, cardholders also have free online access to their FICO® Credit Score. Though there are more and more ways to access your credit score for free, this is a feature that is still missing on a majority of credit cards. It’s an especially nice addition for those consumers who are currently trying to build up their credit score and want a way to track their progress.
- Fourth, the Barclays Rewards MasterCard® has one of the highest APRswe’ve seen on a credit card from a major issuer 25.24% (variable). Because of that, users who carry a balance month-to-month should avoid applying for this product. The interest charges you would have to pay would eat away a big chunk of your positive earnings – possibly even causing you to come out with a net loss.
You can complete your Barclaycard Login by
- Firstly, Visiting the official webpage
- Enter your username and Password
- Click the Sign-in button.
With these steps, you will be able to carry out your Barclaycard Login. If you are having issues with Barclaycard Login, please contact the bank.
How Does The Barclays Rewards MasterCard® Compare Against Other Credit Cards?
In order to assess the value of the Barclays Rewards MasterCard® you should have an idea of how the card compares to other available options.
Barclays Rewards MasterCard® vs. Chase Freedom®
The Chase Freedom® is one of the best cashback credit cards, though requires some management to optimize. The card lets users Earn 5% cashback on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months. Unlimited 1% cashback on all other purchases.
Therefore, if you don’t stay on top of where you can earn the 5% cashback, this card is pretty unimpressive. We recommend checking out the calendar for this year in order to see whether where you shop lines up with some of the upcoming bonus categories.
As long as just 25% of your shopping falls in the 5% categories, the Chase Freedom® will be better than the Barclays Rewards MasterCard®. On the other hand, if you prefer a simpler experience, without rotating categories or the need to activate your rewards, the Barclays card is the better option.
Barclays Rewards MasterCard® vs. Discover it® Cash Back
Just like the card described above, the Discover it® Cash Back awards 5% cashback in categories that change each quarter – up to the quarterly maximum of $1,500 when you sign up. For 2019, the categories include grocery stores (January-March), gas stations, Uber & Lyft (April-June), restaurants, and PayPal (July-September), Amazon.com, Target, and Walmart.com (October-December).
What makes this card unique is the fact that new cardmembers will have their cash back rewards doubled at the end of the first year. That means, if you are a new cardmember the rewards rate on the Discover it® Cash Back can be anywhere between 2% and 10% during that first year. In the long run, however, it runs into the same issue as the Chase Freedom®. If you don’t stay on top of the cashback categories, it will not be a good offer.
Barclays Rewards MasterCard® vs. Citi® Double Cash Card 18 month BT offer
The Citi® Double Cash Card 18 month BT offer lets you earn 2% on every purchase with unlimited 1% cashback when you buy, plus an additional 1% as you pay for those purchases. With the Barclays Rewards MasterCard®, you will only get that kind of reward when using it to pay for gas, groceries, and utilities. Therefore, from a pure value perspective, the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 months BT offer will always be as good, if not better, than its Barclays competitor.
Without a doubt, you could agree with me that Barclays Rewards MasterCard® is a valuable card as compared to the other cards because of all its benefits and features as listed above. Therefore, it won’t be a bad idea if you decide to purchase Barclays Rewards MasterCard®.
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, Pinterest