Are you finding it difficult to delete your AOL account? Not to worry we would work you through on how to successfully delete your account in a few seconds, so follow me!
How to Delete AOL Account
Unfortunately, it’s not easy to delete an AOL account. Obviously, no service likes to let go of a subscriber but AOL takes this to a new level. I believe that it’s nearly impossible for casual users to even locate the pages they need to go through to cancel the free account, and even if they do, the procedure is not as straightforward as the one you have to follow to delete a Gmail account, for instance.
- Note 1: You can delete AOL account only when it’s still accessible. So if you have forgotten the AOL email password or the security question, you would need to reset or retrieve that information and then sign in to your account.
- Note 2: Closing the AOL account means that you would no longer be able to receive messages. Make sure that this email is not used as the primary address of correspondence for other important accounts such as those of your bank.
- Note 3: Any AOL premium services linked to this account will also be canceled if the account is closed.
By the way, you can always think of forwarding AOL email messages to other accounts using either POP3 or IMAP. For example, you can add the AOL account on Gmail.
Get rid of account
Here are the instructions on how to cancel the account. But before you proceed, please delete all your email stored at AOL, why take a chance?
- Launch the AOL sign-in page; enter the username and password to log in.
As stated above, you cannot cancel the account if you have forgotten a password or are not able to access it. If this was possible, anyone could delete any AOL account, right?
- Click the “Options” link and select “My account”.
- A new browser window/tab will open. Scroll down the “Account Options” section and click the “And more” link.
- You will be shown the security question and need to enter the secret answer. Please understand that you will not be able to proceed without providing this information. Forgotten the AOL security question and answer? Follow that link for step by step instructions.
- Click the “Manage My Subscriptions” link on the next page.
- The AOL plan you are using presently will be displayed. Hit the “Change Plan” link.
- In the pop-up, choose the “I already have a High-Speed Connection” option and click “View Plans”.
- To get rid of the free AOL email account, click “Cancel”.
- AOL helpfully displays the services/benefits you would be losing once you delete the account.
- Scroll down and click the “Cancel AOL” button.