How to Send Money with PayPal – the word PayPal is turning into a household name as millions of people across the world chose it over other online payment platforms.
In this post, I’m going to share with you how you can use this popular online payment system to send money anywhere in the world even if you don’t hold an account with PayPal.
It might surprise you to know that with PayPal all your online transactions can be carried out on your comfort zone.
Most importantly you can use PayPal to pay for anything online though they’re few businesses online that don’t accept payment using PayPal but they’re very few in number.
PayPal International Payment: Can PayPal Send Money Internationally?
PayPal is a globally recognized payment gateway. Which simply means it’s recognized everywhere in the world.
However, the cost of services rendered differs depending on the choice of payment means or method.
PayPal Service fees: How Does PayPal Charge When Sending Money
The list below though not comprehensive shows you the fees for each PayPal Services:
- Linking of bank account cost from 0.3% – 2% depending on sending location.
- Credit or Debit Card Payment processing from 3.4% – 3.9% (condition attached; for incomplete or complete payment).
- Convert currency fee from 2.5% – 3% depending on the state of things.
For more fees inquiry reach out to the PayPal Help Center. Though sometimes you’re shown a message alert of services fees at your login page on PayPal platform.
PayPal Payment: How to Send Money with PayPal via your Account
Sending money through PayPal is easy and simple.
You can send money to anyone through PayPal provided a payment request is received first that contains the email address or phone number of the recipient.
The Instructions below will help you send money to anyone using PayPal:
- Visit PayPal.com.
- Enter your login details.
- Tap on the “Send button”.
- Select the payment recipient and the location.
- Key in the recipient email address or phone number.
- Select the amount to be paid and currency type using the drop-down menu.
- Choose a payment means either through a credit & debit card, from your PayPal balance, or from your linked Bank Account.
- Hit the “Confirm Payment” Ribbon.
- PayPal will send a Payment confirmation Email to you.
PayPal Payment: Send Money through PayPal without an Account
Surprisingly, you can send money to your friends and family even if you don’t have an account with PayPal.
All you need is an email with a Payment request invoice that highlights what the money is to be used for with the “Pay Now” button from the recipient.
The “Pay Now” button is where one can tap to initiate the payment process.
Here is how to go about it:
- Open the email sent by the recipient and tap on the “Pay Now” button.
- Select “Open PayPal Account” from the drop-down menu.
- If you want to pay using a Debit or Credit card – then select it and enter your card details.
- Tap on the “Confirm” button and wait for the processing to complete.
Note that you can also pay using your PayPal balance if you have credited your balance as well as with your linked bank account.
More so, I advise that you open a PayPal account as making payment without an account on the PayPal payment platform is costlier.