You can also use the right social media statistics to choose a new social platform that works well with your type of business or industry.
7 Social Media Marketing Statistics
- The number of active users: over 1 billion monthly active users.
- Registered account
- App download: 1.2 billion downloads by August 2016
- Content upload: over 95 million images and videos are uploaded daily
- User age index: 64% of internet users between 18 to 29 years use Instagram.
- Global User age index: 30% of global Instagram users are between ages 25 to 34.
- Gender usage: 8% of Instagram users are women between the ages of 18 to 24. (39% of Instagram users are women while men are 33%)
- Profiles: 25 million registered business profiles.
- Purchase Habit: over 33% of users make purchases from mobile devices.
- Device time track: users that access Instagram from Android devices spend 55 minutes per day.
Relevant Marketing Content Recommended for Instagram posts
- Use a high-quality image and videos for an advert.
- Use live even coverage to come out real.
- A High-quality vertical video for IGTV.
- Real behind the scenes footage, customized with stickers for your Instagram stories, you might still need to keep it interactive.
Why Instagram is a good platform for ad
- It’s popular among millennials.
- Visual-oriented for businesses that depend on visual content to thrive.
- Audience and user targeting made easy; reach audiences with hashtags, tagging, and follower lists.
- Daily active usage: 1.49 billion users
- 68% of U.S. adults use Facebook.
- 51% of adults that leave in the U.S visit Facebook often in a day.
- 77% engagement rate among college graduates
- Facebook is highly popular in countries like India, Brazil, and Indonesia.
- 79% percent of Americas use Facebook.
- Over 50 million businesses use Facebook.
- About 400 new users sign up with Facebook every minute.
- There are over 1.2 billion users on Facebook messenger.
Why your Business needs Facebook
- Facebook has an audience for every business because it’s the largest social media platform.
- Advanced in business advertising.
- 50% of millennials are using Pinterest.
- 80% of people that join Pinterest are outside the United State.
- Pinterest has over 250 million monthly users.
Why you need to use Pinterest
- Easy connection with unfamiliar users, because of focus like-minded sharing.
- All pins are linked to their sources.
- A survey showed that Pinterest has a high conversion rate.
- Users choose what to follow, either specific boards or all.
Recommended content that connects with Twitter users:
- News link to your brand.
- Gif to spark up your feed.
- Blog posts.
- Over 100 million daily users
- 80% of people using twitter access it through mobile devices
- 12% of users from the U.S. use Twitter as a news source.
- More male adult in the United States uses Twitter than female adult (% 25 to 24).
Why your business needs Twitter
- Best platform for social customer service.
- Good for site promotion, a short piece, and quotes.
- Brand news
- Professional content
- Job Postings.
- 63% of LinkedIn users are between the age of 25 to 54.
- LinkedIn share equal gender users number (50% male and 50% female)
- 8 million Groups exist on LinkedIn.
- 43% of LinkedIn users are responsible for different roles.
Why you need to use LinkedIn
- It’s a platform for professionals
- It’s a selective social platform, therefore has no clutter of irrelevant content or bluffs.
- Users enjoy direct communication in groups
- YouTube the King of video, have 1.8 billion users
- 70% of YouTube users access it through mobile devices.
- The average YouTube video duration is 40 minutes.
- 85% of teenagers between the age of 13 to 17 use YouTube
Why your Business needs YouTube
- Videos on YouTube go viral.
- It is the second largest search engine.
- Google gives preferential treatment to YouTube videos in search engine
- Daily active users of 186 million
- 71% of users are under 34 years
- Users access Snapchat 20 times in a day.
Why you need Snapchat
- It has the most engaged users through live streaming
- Authentic organic reach.
- Much more active audience.