Amazon Seller Fees: What You Need to Know
May I also let you know that there are many factors that influence the Amazon seller fees and Amazon FBA fees, like weight, price, size & category of the item to be sold. Though seller fees depend on a chosen selling plan (Professional or Individual).
Amazon Seller Fees
In most categories Amazon will take 15% of the sales price as a referral fee, in some categories it’s 8% and a few categories have a different fee. Some items also have a variable closing fee of $1.35 (Books, DVD, Music, Software & Computer Games, Video & Video Game Consoles).
Amazon FBA Fees
Amazon FBA fees are based on weight, size, and category & storage time. You can find out the fees for a particular item that’s already on Amazon using the Amazon FBA Calculator.
Amazon seller fees include the following:
Amazon Seller Account: $40 monthly (you can also opt into a per-item fee of $.99 but this only makes sense if you sell very few items.
Amazon Referral Fee: Amazon takes a commission on every product sold (between 8% and 15% – usually closer to 15%).
- Shipping: You may charge this to customers additionally or offer free shipping but in any case, you need to pay for this. Amazon allows self-ship as well as offers its own shipping service called Easy Ship.
Amazon FBA Fees Include the following:
- Shipping – based on the weight of the product small to large. Small products start at $2.40 to ship via Amazon.
- Storage – based on the size of products this is a monthly fee to store in an Amazon warehouse. January through September this costs $.69 per cubic foot.
- Long term storage – if you leave your item in warehouse more than a year it costs $6.90 per cubic foot or $.15, whichever is greater
- Closing Fees: only charged on media products
- Commission: Amazon charges Category Level Referral Fee based on product category and subcategory.
- Collection Fee: A fee chargeable for collecting payment from customers on your behalf.
- Packing: Amazon sells its own branded packaging material, which you can purchase from Amazon and also from Amazon(if you require GST bill).
How to create Amazon Seller Account
- Go to the Amazon official site.
- Login your Amazon account on the site.
- Scroll down on the website and tap on the “Sell on Amazon” link.
- Now locate and tap on the “Start Selling” icon.
- Provide every necessary detail you are asked to provide up to the verification point.
- Verify your account using the method you are asked to and you should be automatically signed in.