Have you had enough of the bombardment of information on social media? Delete Facebook account can save you from that unwanted information. Although, there are other reasons that may warrant your deleting your Facebook account, such as, your account has been compromised if your account constantly reminds the user of any past they are trying to forget, etc. Deleting your account is easy, just follow the steps below;
How to Delete Facebook Account
Here are a few things to note, before you delete that Facebook account.
Delete Facebook Account Tips
- Your sent messages will continue to exist, even when all other evidence of your account are gone.
- Deleting your Facebook account is a major decision/step you’ll be taking
- You are advised to think it through before you go ahead to delete that account.
- Facebook requires 90 days, to process account deletion requests, and this gives you enough time to decide if you still want to go ahead and delete your account.
- Immediately you delete, your Facebook account, you can’t get it back
- You are advised, to download a copy of the data that Facebook has on you, before you delete that account, as this data can’t be gotten again, once your account is deleted.
Downloading Copy of the Data Facebook Has on You
- Click on the downwards-pointing arrow, at the top-right corner of the screen
- Select the “Download”, a copy of your Facebook data option.
- Once you take the aforementioned steps, you are now ready to delete your Facebook account.
How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account
- Begin, by navigating to the Facebook’s Delete Account Page, https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account, tap “Enter”,
- If you are not automatically logged in. Enter the email address or phone number and password for your account, and tap on the “Log in” button which is the blue button in the middle of the page.
- Select, “Delete My Account”, an option that is below the warning message of the page. Once you tap on it, a pop-up window appears
- Enter your password again, in the password field provided at the top of the window.
- Enter the captcha code, which is the jumble of letters and numbers in the middle of the window, and enter your answer into the field below the code
- If you can’t read the code, you can tap either the “Try another text” or the “an audio captcha” link below the code, which will prompt the generation of a new code.
- Click on the “OK”, tab to submit your code. Once you key in the correct code, another pop-up window will be displayed
- If you entered an incorrect password or captcha code, you’ll be prompted to try again
- Click on the “OK” button, to have your account deleted. This is situated at the bottom of the popup window.
- To totally delete your account from Facebook, can take upwards to 14 days. Immediately this time frame elapses, your account will be gone from Facebook.