Instagram is one of the leading social media channels that offer a unique way of sharing and exchanging media content. Instagram is highly used because of its visually appealing nature, and instagramers mostly use the platform mostly for sharing images and videos. Since your account is a storehouse of your social lifestyle keeping it safe and secured should be a priority. Apply best account management practices like knowing when to do Instagram sign out and when not to.
To sign out on Instagram, navigate and click on the profile or account settings, scroll down, and tap on the sign out to log off from Instagram.
Using Instagram for social networking is the primary reason the platform exists; to connect with people of all works of life using the follow and unfollow feature which helps to keep up with the daily happenings of the person you are following or following you.
Why Use Instagram?
You might be wondering why join Instagram? Why not Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, Snapchat, or even iMessenger. Instagram to start with is home to celebrities and influencers. When you join, you would not only be able to share stories, chats, share videos, the platform also allows users to create an Instagram business page to boost their business presence online.
That being said, let’s quickly go into the main subject of discussion, how to do Instagram sign out to secure your account from being hacked by online fraudsters.
Before we show you how to sign out on Instagram which helps to save your battery. I would like to first help those who don’t have an Instagram account yet to sign up for an account.
How to Instagram Sign Up – Join Instagram Today
You can join Instagram when you register with your personal information which is saved as your profile used for user identification. You either sign up on the Instagram App or use a web browser to sign up.
Instagram App sign Up
- Download the Instagram App on google play store for Android users and Apple store for iOS users; iPhone & iPad
- Open the app
- You will be prompted to sign up or sign in
- Tap on the signup button
- Fill in the required information and make sure you provided a valid email address and phone number
- Follow suit with the rest of the signup process to complete the account sign up on the Instagram app.
Instagram Web Sign Up
You would need a web browser from your desktop computer, laptop, windows OS or MacOS or even from your tablet.
- Open the web browser (google chrome, Opera, Firefox, etc)
- Visit instagram.com
- Navigate and click on the signup button
- Key in the required information
- Follow the on-screen instruction to create account
Instagram Account Security – How to keep your Account Safe
It’s not enough to join Instagram, it’s also your responsibility to protect your Instagram account and guard it away from internet fraudsters and hackers. To do that we would give you Instagram account security measures and precautions to take.
Precautions to Keep your Instagram account Protected
They aren’t a special app to keep your account secured on the Instagram platform but you can observe some account security measures and protect your Instagram account for life.
- Make sure you use Strong Password combination (preferably, letters, numbers & character)
- Don’t use one password on all your social channels.
- Be sure you are the single owner who can only access the phone number and password used to create your account
- Don’t give out your password to people you can’t trust, infant don’t share it with anyone. Make it private.
- Don’t permit web browsers to save your Instagram login credentials.
- Make sure the Two-Factor authentication is turned
Instagram Sign Out
Quickly let us share the breakdown steps to signing out on Instagram.
- Open the app
- Navigate to your profile
- Tap on the account setting
- Locate and tap the “Log Out” button
- If you are logged in in multiple devices, you can tap on “Log out all Devices”