What is a voicemail?
A voicemail is a method of storing voice messages electronically for later retrieval by intended recipients. Callers leave short messages that are stored on digital media. Users can play their voicemail messages either as audio (Mp3) or as text. We will guide you on How to Setup Voicemail on Android for free.
How to Setup Voicemail on Android – How to Access Your Messages on Android Voicemail
Are you finding it very difficult in checking your voicemail messages on your phone or your computer not to worry we have all the procedures in detail here for you? All you need to do is to follow them step by step.
There are a few different ways to check your Android phone’s voicemail. The options available to you depend on your carrier.
These instructions apply to all smartphones with Android versions Android 10.0 (Q), Android 9.0 (Pie), Android 8.0 (Oreo), and Android 7.0 (Nougat).
How to Check Voicemail on an Android Phone by Calling In
The most common way to check your voicemail on your Android device is by calling your mailbox. Call your number from your phone, or use the quick dial to access your voicemail. Follow these quick steps:
- Open the Phone
- At the bottom, tap the dial pad
- Touch and hold 1.
- If prompted, enter your voicemail password.
How to Access Your Voicemail Using Visual Voicemail
Another way to access and manage your voicemail is by using Visual Voicemail:
- Open the Phone
- Tap Visual Voicemail. If you don’t see it, make sure Visual Voicemail is enabled.
- Proceed to listen and manage your voicemails.
How to Enable Visual Voicemail on Android
Most importantly, it is a must to note that if your carrier supports Visual Voicemail, you may need to enable it.
Android devices using Android 6.0 or later can have Visual Voicemail enabled as long as the carrier supports it. Not all carriers provide Visual Voicemail, and some carriers charge an extra fee for using it.
- Go to your tap on Settings > click on Apps >look for Visual Voicemail.
- In Visual Voicemail, select Permissions.
- Navigate to the Phone setting to On. The toggle should turn blue.
- Manage your voicemail via Visual voicemail.
How to Check Your Voicemail from a Computer
Note: If your carrier doesn’t support Visual Voicemail, use a third-party application to access Visual Voicemail. Depending on the application you use, the app can provide access to your voicemail via the web, which means that you can manage messages from any computer or laptop.
To check your Android voicemail on a computer with the YouMail app follow these few steps:
- Sign up for a YouMail account if you don’t have one.
- Open your favorite browser and navigate to YouMail, then select Sign In.
- Enter your credentials, and then select Sign In.
- Your new voicemails are listed in the Recent MessagesSelect the Play icon next to the voicemail you want to listen to or tap Inbox to see more messages.
- In your Inbox, select the desired message. Note the options you can choose from in the lower-right corner: Forward, Delete, Save, Notes, Replay, and Block.
- Manage your voicemail from any device that supports YouMail.
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, Pinterest