Join the broadcast and reach out to many people with a Facebook live radio station. Share live radio online directly to Facebook and allow people to join in on the conversation through a live written feed. You can also own your radio station on Facebook; to create, follow the steps below;
Facebook Live Radio Set-Up Requirements
- Use OBS, to get started on the Facebook live radio station set up.
- Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), and a computer ( Mac or Window) using open Broadcaster Software installed. Alternatively, you can also download and install OBS c for your computer.
- Also needed, is an active Facebook page for your radio station
- You also need a steady internet connection, as you will be streaming video and audio, thus your connection must have the capacity to upload a constant speed of at least 5-10mbps
- Once, you get the aforementioned requirements, outlined above, you are no your way to set up your Facebook page and OBS
Setting up OBS for Streaming – Facebook Live Radio Station
- Immediately, you have your OBS installed, a default view will be displayed, and you will be required to create a scene, to start adding your webcams and audio inputs.
- Note, This scene acts as a collection of your video and audio, thus you can also create Multiple scenes, for different angles and audio inputs. For this purpose, you are to create just one scene for your broadcast. Then, add a video feed ( your webcam) and the output from the mixing desk where you have a few microphones and a music source.
- Now, you can create your first scene, by adding sources.
- Start, by tapping the + button in the sources box, thereafter, you will be given the option with a list of options to pick from. Here choose the Video Capture Device.
- Name the device, ( by giving it the name you desire)
- Immediately you tap OK, select your video device from the drop-down list and click on the “OK” button
- Now that you’ve added a webcam to the video space, you are to resize the video and position it however you wish by clicking and dragging it around.
- The next thing you are required to do is the audio input, which is like the video input. Click the + button and then click Audio Input Capture.
- The next screen needs you to choose the audio device you want to use, this could well be a built-in mic or external mic from a mixer. Click “OK” to get it added to the scene.
- Make your video stand out, by getting some personality fused into your video, by adding your station’s logo in the image source from the + menu
- Now you are all set up, scroll to Facebook, to begin your live video set up.
How to Create Live Video on Your Facebook Page
- Start by logging into your Facebook page
- Choose Publishing Tools at the top scroll bar. On the left menu, tap on the video Library option in the video section.
- Tap on the + Live button at the top right corner to begin your video set up. Here, you are given two options, the first, being a “Single Field” and the second is a “Separate Field”. You are advised, that since you are using OBS, that you copy the text in the Stream Key box under separate Fields.
- Take note, the link copied here can only go for this live video.
Adding Stream to OBS
- With the stream key you’ve copied, navigate back to OBS. In the main window, tap on “Settings” on the right-hand side. On the window that pops up, tap on “stream”. Change the service drop-down menu to “Facebook Live” and get the key inserted into the “Stream Key” field.
- Then tap on “OK” to have your changes saved. OBS is now all set up and good to go. Lastly, scroll back to your Facebook video to complete the setup before you go live.
Completing the Video Set up
Complete the video set up by doing the following;
- If the window is still open, with the Single and Separate Fields, tap on “Next” to get the option to add a title and tags to your video. Here, you can set up Audience Restrictions to specify age, range, location, and languages.
- Once your ready to connect, go back to OBS and select “Start Streaming”, this is to have OBS connect to Facebook after 30 seconds depending on your connection’s speed. You will notice a preview, once you are connected.
- Tap on the “Go Life” tab on Facebook to begin or schedule the live video for later if you like to prepare ahead
- You Can Now Go Live with Facebook Live Radio Station
- Immediately, you click on the, “Go Live” button, your audience can then tune in and enjoy your broadcasts with you… You can also view the number of people watching. Immediately your video is completed, it will become available in your video library. Your video can now be shared with your listeners, that may have missed your live show.
- You can now enjoy your Facebook live radio station with your audience in real-time.
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, Pinterest