If by now your business isn’t using social media. Then you need to know the benefits of social media marketing and why every business needs to understand, embrace and use social media channels as marketing tools.
Let me help you understand the important role social media plays in marketing through your own life experience. Maybe you have kids or you live near a neighborhood where kids play. Take some time and understudy them. Watch them when they are playing, talking, and learning.
Take note of their lives spent online. lookout for what influences them. If they are older kids, you will discover that the things they buy, watch, read, and listen to and talk about. Even how they behave is highly influenced by peers they meet online.
The bottom line is that many of our daily engagements. Especially our purchase habits, interest, and so on, are influenced by social media campaigns or post online.
Social Media Channels and what they are
Now let’s get practical. To fully understand social media and generate ideas about how to use today’s social media channels for effective marketing. You need to know what the different social media tools are.
A channel is a delivery means. Many social media marketing channels exist for a variety of groups. The popular group for content sharing and distribution online includes photos, text, videos, documents, music, and events. Social media marking tools make information sharing easy.
Let’s take, for instance, Facebook is the ultimate channel for social sharing of images, videos, text, event,s and a lot more. Flickr is the most popular channel for photo sharing. Google Docs as the name implies is perfect for document collaborations. Delicious is a website for sharing web bookmarks with friends and strangers. Pinterest is most popular in sharing images. YouTube is the king of video sharing. Twitter is known for text, and Gif video sharing, and a lot of other channels.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Simply put, social media marketing is using social media channels to promote your business, products, and services online.
Why Social Media Marketing?
One reason we love to travel is that it puts life into view. If you don’t know how the rest of the world lives and what opportunities await you in the leading edge. How can you make wise choices? Work is similar to travel. But you don’t have to go all the way to South America to stretch your boundaries. You can do that right from where you are. Here are some reasons why you need to start using social media for marketing.
- More people, particularly young people. They are spending less time watching television and listening to the radio and more time online.
- Offline advertising has traditionally been expensive and difficult to measure.
Social media statistics you need to know;
- In January 2019, the total worldwide population is 7.7 billion.
- The internet has 4.2 billion users.
- There are 3.397 billion active social media users.
- On average, people have 5.54 social media accounts.
- The average daily time spent on social is 116 minutes a day.
- 91% of retail brands use 2 or more social media channels.
- 81% of all small and medium businesses use some kind of social platform.
- Internet users have an average of 7.6 social media accounts.
- Social media users grew by 320 million between Sept 2017 and Oct 2018.
- When asked 81% of teenagers felt social media has a positive effect on their lives.
Benefits of Social media marketing
- Increased online visibility.
- Build customer loyalty.
- Better SEO and an improved Google ranking.
- Connection with potential customers at a specific place.