The imperfection of images taken is made perfect with better enhancement through digital photo retouching. With this photo retouching, anything is possible and it has come to stay with us, as every printed image or visual projections on television have all passed through this refining process of removing its imperfections.
So, digital photo retouching brings out the best in the image and can even go extra miles to import other features into the image without traces of it.
Digital Photo Retouching And Its Clients
- The majority of images you see online, in print, on television and certainly on sky-high billboards have all played victim to hours of enhancement, manipulation, and tweaking that makes up the retouching process. Before you set your eyes on that magazine fashion spread, celebrity portrait, or even fast-food burger advertisement, chances are it has been given the full retouch treatment and the raw originals filed away without a trace.
- Art directors can not only work with the photographers but also with the retouchers, and this opens up a world of endless possibilities where a vision can truly be made a reality. These visions have gradually made their way to be the standard image we are used to seeing when we flip open a magazine or watch a commercial, whether it be the perfectly tanned and blemish-free skin on the model’s face or the remarkably bright colors in the landscape of a travel photograph, and yet many rarely consider the importance of retouching in the creative process. Ann Young, ahead retoucher of the US-based company FixThePhoto says that every day she receives different photo retouching tasks: 80% are to make basic editing – color correction and skin enhancement, and only 20% of orders are artistic photo manipulations and digital drawings.
- Wedding-retouching company considers that the wedding photography industry either classical or fashion requires digital photo retouching very much. Every photographer can make or find a retoucher for a reasonable price and short deadlines.
A Perfect Art | Digital Photo Retouching
- The majority of our clients are looking for that perfect balance for their image; an end result that isn’t blown out or pushed too far, trying to avoid the plastic Barbie girl look, while bringing the shot to its full potential. The most valuable tool that makes a great retoucher is a good eye; software know-how goes a long way but the creative eye and vision is what is needed to assess an image and know exactly what the end result needs to look like. It is a strange business to be in because our greatest professional success and praise most often comes when you can’t necessarily see that an image has had any work done to it; you just see a stunning photograph.
- There is however the other side of the coin where agencies or clients allow you to really push the boundaries and create an impossible image that makes the beholder wonder. Just how is that possible?
- Just as digital cameras enhanced the possibilities of image capture, the tools of skilled retouchers bring a world of potential options that just weren’t available in previous times, and won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.
- Retouch Village are currently at the top of their game, and it is their ability to strike the perfect balance between maintaining the integrity of the original image while making the right improvements.
Photographer | Digital Photo Retouching
- Retouching has become the extended arm of photographers – it can enhance and it can destroy. An arm that seems to create real magic when its well connected to its initial ideas and concepts, when the communication between photographer and retoucher works and when its got the right skills and understandings of what to achieve without overdoing it for the sake of it.
- Retouching is one part of the process of generating the image, like a model would be in a fashion photo, the styling, hair/makeup etc – retouching needs to fulfill its part of the overall final image.
- So taking on the the possibilities of retouching with Photoshop, is a part of the photographers vision as much as the dark room was a part of the photographers vision. It is essential for the final image and it absolutely requires talented craft and skills and understanding to make it work.