With Facebook carousel ads format you can create an interactive ad that gives users a wow experience when they scroll over your ad. The interactive and user experience nature of Carousal ads is as a result of its ability to hold up to 10 images or videos in a single ad. These images or videos are called cards.
Why Advertisers Use Facebook Carousel ads
Carousel ads don’t only appeal to viewers, but also it’s a great ad type most advertisers go for than regular ads because it gives a lot of space to showcase up to 10 products, with product descriptions and title on each of the products.
It comes handy mostly for e-commerce marketers.
How to Build a Carousel Ad with Ads Manager
Let’s build a carousel ad from start to finish using ads manager. The process is easy and fun.
Here are the steps;
- In your Ads Manager, click create Ad and choose ad objective.
- Let’s say you want to send people to your website so you can retarget them. Choose “Send people to your website”.
- Set your audience and budget.
- Tap on Create New Ad and select “Multiple images in one ad”.
- Upload the images and add a headline to each image.
- Edit the destination URL and type in the link to your website.
- Make sure the images you uploaded are square images, or better still you can still crop the image yourself.
- Add a call to action button, but doing this will reduce the number of characters left for description and headline.
- Set your ad to show the best images first. You can as well customize to show the same ad on Instagram.
- Preview ad.
- Click “Place Order” button to go live.
Measure your Ad Result for better optimization
At every point in time, you can check your ads to see how effective and the results it’s generating. And see what you need to improve.
Here are steps to check your ads result;
- On your Facebook page, click “Ad center” tab in the top navigation panel.
- Click “All Ads” in the left corner of your menu.
- Located the post you boosted and tap “View Results”.
Your results will be grouped as follows; the number of engagement, number of people reached, demographics index result by people that viewed your post from a different location, their age, and gender.
Measure how well your budget is doing with your result by also analyzing your “Total spend” with the number of reach and engagement.
Carousel Ad Specs
Before heading to the ads manager to create your carousel ad it will be important to first take note of some the ad specifications and size recommended by Facebook to avoid error and ineffective job during creation.
- Headline: 40 characters.
- Link description: 20 characters.
- Text: 125 characters.
- Max Video size: 4GB.
- Max Video duration: 240.
- Cards: from 2 to 10.
- Max image size: 30MB.
- Recommend image aspect ratio: 1:1 square.
- Recommended Video aspect ratio: 1:1 square.
- Image Pixels: 1080 X 1080.