Facebook Story is a feature on the Facebook platform where users share current updates of things they are up to. It might be an event they attended, a new dress, new thought, idea and or even as the name implies – a story of the activities that happen during or ongoing in the day.
The Facebook story is one feature rolled out by Facebook to help users stay current and stay unique, that way you can view your friend’s story, love, like, and comment on them without going public. Unlike when you love, like, or comment on a friend’s status your action or engagement with the friend’s status gets to be seen by every other person that engaged that same content or post.
Stories on Facebook and how it Works
Facebook stories like we said current updates of what is going on with you. If you have used WhatsApp – a Facebook messaging App you will discover that uploading a WhatsApp status is similar to stories on Facebook. Just like it takes 24 hours for your WhatsApp Status to clear, so also it is with Stories feature on the Facebook Platform.
Using the story feature on the platform allows you to share your memories or stories in different media content or format; images, videos, and text. However, all of these amazing things the story feature can bring is impossible to access if you don’t have an account with Facebook.
How to Add Facebook Story to your Story Feature
To share news and exciting memories with friends is why Facebook my story exists. And you have no limitation to ways you would want to share your stories. In that, your stories can be shared as an image of your new outfit, where you are hanging out with friends, videos of the latest event, and as well share your opinion and idea about a particular thing.
To start sharing your stories using the story feature follow the steps below:
- Go to facebook.com.
- Sign in or sign up if you don’t have an account yet.
- At the top page you will see stories from your friends, just before their story is a plus (+) sign that says “Add to Story” tap on it and add your own story.
How to Delete Stories on Facebook
Let’s say you added a story and you don’t like it and want to take it down, you can do that as easy as ABC. To delete your stories on the Facebook platform;
- Visit www.facebook.com.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click your stories, select the story you want to delete.
- Click on the three-dot (…) icon.
- Tap “Delete Photo”. That’s all.
How to Hide Stories on Facebook
To hide stories on Facebook is like changing the privacy settings to selecting who views your stories. To select who views your stories simply follow the below steps:
- Click on your uploaded stories.
- Tap on the three-dot icon.
- Click on “Edit Story Settings”.
- Hit on the “Story privacy”.
- Choose who views your story (Public, Friends and connections, friends and you can even customize).