Square offers free apps (Square wallet and Square cash) for e-mailing and receiving money from your family & friends. It’s also a credit card processing and business solutions provider – Square provides a free software app with affordable hardware (which is often free) that turns mobile devices into powerful point-of-sale (POS) solutions. This helps sellers or merchants with a mobile device to accept card payments, anywhere, anytime, and from anyone.
Paying with Square Wallet
How to download and set up your Square Wallet
Follow the below steps…
- Go to App store – iOS users (iTunes App Store) | Google Play store – Android users (Google Play)
- Next; key in your credit card details
- Upload a profile image
- Done setting up your account, it’s time to pay for the item purchased in stores that accept Square Wallet payment services
Pay through your Wallet: Step-by-step Guide
Your smartphone built-in GPS enables your Wallet app to search for local stores and restaurants that accept square wallet payments.
- Walk into a store
- Do your shopping
- On the payment stand, open your wallet app
- Check-in (click the store’s name)
- Tell the sales representative your name
- When your name is entered, your image or profile photo comes up
- A click on your photo completes your transaction.
Tips: Regular customers can use a special check-in feature – it does an automatic ordering of your most liked item.
Paying with Square Cash
Square Cash is a square-free app for sending and receiving money from family & friends.
Interesting fact – no device is needed. Grab your debit card and your email let’s drill to the guide.
For instance, let’s say, you have a friend in another state whom you would want to send money to. You can email them a check using square cash.
Here’s how to do it?
- Compose an email, make sure your friend’s name is the recipient
- At the “CC” field fill in the email in this format firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject, type the amount (let’s say $200.00)
- Add other text you would want to send along with the money in the message field.
- Hit send
- An email will be sent to you by a square to enter your debit card number
- Your friends will receive two emails, from Square and you
- The email form square shows your friend a link to click and fill in their debit card details
- It takes a day or two for the money to arrive in their account