Many marketers that are fighting for social media online presence tend to forget the vital role a good Instagram captions (IG Captions) plays. Whereas good Instagram captions help to determine the level of engagement your content is able to spark.
Don’t take IG captions for granted or interchange for good visual content. Yes, we understand that Instagram is a visually inclined social media channel. But if your content has well-structured and thought-out captions, you will land a better opportunity for your business and a good social presence and search engine optimization more than people who don’t pay attention to IG captions.
The well-thought-out words that deliver your content have the power to create un-imaginary social engagements.
Here are few things key Niche Influencers Know about Instagram Captions that marketers don’t know.
Benefits of Using Instagram Captions
Here are three things you stand to benefit when you use Instagram Captions;
#1: Build Connectivity
Good use of Instagram captions connects you with your followers. Words, text, image, and video has a different impact it makes whenever it’s used. With a rightly curled out words that either explains how you feel, the latest event, etc. helps to create connectivity with your audience. Aside from the visual roll, you create with your Instagram content, when you go a bit further to add captions, you are creating an extra value that can foster a better relationship with your audience.
#2: Slide up your Engagement
Get Instagram Algorithm on your side. When you use thought-out audience-focused IG captions that sparks users’ action. You will end up incurring more audience engagement with your content. Such as Likes, comments, and time spent on your post. Finally, when that happens your post will receive a very fair compensating post boost from Instagram Algorithm. Thereby increasing the number of people that got to see your post.
How to Encourage Audience Engagement with Instagram Captions;
Since post engagement for Instagram Algorithm is equal to the number of likes, comments,s and amount of time users spend on your post. Create IG captions that;
- Encourages the audience to comment on your post by asking relevant questions they would want to respond to.
- Create long Captions that stoke readers on your page for a long period of time. But be concise and brief. And start with engaging sentences or paragraphs that will motivate them to keep reading. Better still, insert meaningful point different paragraphs.
#3: Be Visible
One of the discoverability key elements in Instagram Post is the right use of Hashtags in Your Instagram Captions. Hashtags help to spread your post visibility among your target audience. It helps to get your post listed among the trending conversations and events.
Thereby making your post visible to people of the same interest. In making the choice of popular hashtags to leverage make sure you use the ones relevant to your post, or market niche. You can as well use both popular hashtags and niche hashtags to narrow down your visibility to only interested and like-minded audiences.
The Best Instagram Captions of 2020
Instagram captions are written words talking about different types of topics, which expresses how an individual feels at a particular time. It enables users to gain more Instagram followers and likes. Top of ForBottom of Form
Facts to Know
- Instagram limits captions to 2,200 characters or around 325 words. Change the length often or add emojis but keep the message clear.
- Include tag requests and other questions to encourage follower participation. Try “Who’s with me?” or “Tag a friend who would love this.”
- The biggest Instagram stars use captions that are inclusive of all audiences, so stick with words that resonate with all.
It’s not always easy to capture the essence of an Instagram post in words. Taking the time to create the best Instagram caption helps your followers see it how you want them to interpret the images you post.
Skip the temptation for one-word captions or, worse, no caption at all. Readers want to engage with you; give them some insight into your emotions when you post.
Grab a few ideas from our list of best sassy, feel-good, cute, funny, clever Instagram quotes, and sayings. Perfect for birthdays, romance, and any other situation life throws at you.
Feel Good Instagram Captions
We should know that it is only natural to want to share your happiness with others. Whether you are flashing a genuine smile in a selfie or capturing a gorgeous sunset in your post, a good quote that captures the joy and happiness you are feeling and it can be contagious to your followers.
- “When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine.”
- “The happiest people don’t have the best of everything; they make the best of everything.”
- “Be happy. It drives people crazy.”
- “Say yes to new adventures.”
- “Every day may not be good, but there’s good in every day.”
- “You are like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.”
- “Today’s the best kind of day.”
- “Be the type of person you want to meet.”
- “Keep your chin up, so your crown doesn’t slip.”
- “My life isn’t perfect, but it’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”
Sassy (Perhaps a Little Bit Salty) Captions
Sometimes, you are just not in the mood to take anyone’s well, you know. In those cases, a little bit of sass combined with a splash of sauce can not only put you in a better mood but entertain your followers, too.
- “Bow down to the queen.”
- “Do not try me. I’m not a sample.”
- “Are you a software update? Because NOT NOW.”
- “Fueled by caffeine, sarcasm & inappropriate thoughts.”
- “I never forget a face, but in your case, I would be glad to make an exception.” – Groucho Marx
- “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I am not sure about the universe.” – Albert Einstein
- “He is a self-made man and worships his creator.” – John Bright
- “Good morning! Your little ray of sarcastic sunshine has arrived!”
- “A wise girl knows her limits; a smart girl knows she has none.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “I didn’t break the rules, but I challenged the rules.” – Ella Baker
- “Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.” – Elizabeth Taylor
Iconic Queens of Old Hollywood Captions
There’s no one better at summing things up than the stars who have shined so brightly on the silver screen. Take some tips from them to entertain your fans and spice up your Insta with some glam.
- “When I’m good, I’m very, very good, but when I’m bad, I’m better.” – Mae West
- “If I were well-behaved, I’d die of boredom.” -Tallulah Bankhead
- “I can live without money, but I cannot live without love.” – Judy Garland
- “You have got to learn to leave the table when love’s no longer being served.” – Nina Simone
- “I am just too much.” – Bette Davis
- “I believe in pink.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Be yourself. The world worships the original.” – Ingrid Bergman
- “A good many dramatic situations being with screaming.” – Jane Fonda
- “I restore myself when I’m alone.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Struggle and survival, losing and winning, doesn’t matter. It’s entering the race that counts.” – Pam Grier
Cute Instagram Captions
Your followers will find it hard not to tap the like button on any post of yours that makes them go, “Aww!” These cute captions are perfect for that adorable video of your playful pup or your newborn niece’s first photo.
- “Dream big, little one!”
- “Cute as a button, but not quite as smart.”
- “7 billion smiles and yours is my favorite.”
- “You do the most adorable things without realizing.”
- “Don’t grow up… It’s a trap!”
- “Dogs are my favorite people.”
- “Don’t stop retrieving’.”
- “Not all dogs are good boys. Some are good girls!”
- “What are you eating, and how can I help?”
- “I know how to purr my way out of everything.”
Funny Instagram Captions
There’s nothing like an Instagram caption that can make your followers laugh out loud (for real). A little humor goes a long way, and it can be a nice change of pace on a platform that tends to be overused for vanity and perfection.
- “Handle every situation like a dog. If you can’t eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.”
- “Being an adult is like folding a fitted sheet. No one really knows how.”
- “I’m not lazy. I’m on energy-saving mode.”
- “I was going to take over the world this morning, but I overslept. Postponed. Again.”
- “I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure.”
- “You never realize how boring your life is until someone asks you what you do for fun.”
- “It’s Thursday, so here’s my wise quote of the day… actually, I got nothing.”
- “I’m just a girl standing in front of a camera asking if this is Instagram worthy.”
- “Sleep like no one’s watching.”
- “I invented a new word: Plagiarism.”
Clever Instagram Captions
An apt quote that makes you think can be the perfect caption to pair with a stunning photo of a natural landscape or anything with an artsy look. Your followers will appreciate that little tidbit of wisdom you offer them!
- “Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.”
- “The idea is to die young . . . as late as possible.”
- “Do more things that make you forget to check your phone?”
- “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.”
- “I literally have to remind myself all the time that being afraid of things going wrong isn’t the way to make things go right.”
- “You never run out of things that can go wrong.”
- “If practice makes perfect, and no one’s perfect, then why practice?” —Billy Corgan.
- “One does not simply create a clever Instagram caption.”
- “Friday, my second favorite F word.”
- “When nothing goes right, go left.”
Best Friend Instagram Captions
There is no better way to use social media than by showing just how much you appreciate your best friends.
Captions that make your best friends feel loved and valued just might inspire them to return the favor!
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.”
- “F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Fight for you. Respect you. Include you. Encourage you. Need you. Deserve you. Stand by you.”
- “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life; you can barely remember what life was like without them.”
- “Friendship isn’t a big thing. It’s a million little things.”
- “A good friend might know your wild stories, but your best friend was right there with you.”
- “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” —Misty Copeland
- “In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips.”
- “I would never let my best friend do anything stupid…alone.”
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light.” —Helen Keller
Song Lyric Instagram Captions
Sometimes lyrics make perfect Instagram captions, whether from a rising pop star or an established artist.
- “I will stop wearing black when they make a darker color.” — Wilson (Expensive Mistakes) by Fall Out Boy
- “This may be the night that my dreams might let me know… All the stars are closer.” — All The Stars by Kendrick Lamar & SZA
- “Feeling like a boss, and staring at the stars, it doesn’t matter the cost, ’cause everybody wants to be famous.” — Everybody Wants to Be Famous by Superorganism
- “Shine on, diamond, don’t make me wait another day.” — My My My! By Troye Sivan
- “I’m gonna live like tomorrow doesn’t exist.” — Chandelier by Sia.
- “I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me” — New Romantics by Taylor Swift
- “Am I more than you bargained for yet?” ― Sugar, We’re Going Down by Fall Out Boy
- “If I was you, I did wanna be me too.” Me Too by Meghan Trainor
- “It ain’t no fun if the homies can’t have none.”― Ain’t No Fun by Snoop Dogg
- “Cheers to the freakin’ weekend.” Cheers by Rihanna
Birthday Instagram Captions
Whether you are wishing someone a happy birthday or celebration your own, you probably don’t want to sound like a Hallmark card in your Instagram caption. These birthday captions are both smart and funny.
- “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat cake.”
- “Birthday: A day to celebrate that you haven’t died in the last year.”
- “I don’t look a day over fabulous!”
- “The older you get, the better you get. Unless you’re a banana.”
- “Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.”
- “It takes a long time to grow young” —Pablo Picasso
- “Age is just a hashtag.”
- “I didn’t choose this birthday; this birthday chose me.”
- “I don’t get older; I level up.”
- “It’s your birthday; you don’t have to do nothing’.” ― Birthday by Destiny’s Child
Short Instagram Captions
Many Instagram posts speak for themselves. When you’re in a rush to get something posted and don’t have much time to think or tap away on your device’s keyboard, keep it simple with some of these short and sweet captions.
- “Aspire to inspire before you expire.”
- “Darling, you are a work of art.”
- “Choose kindness and laugh often.”
- “Clear your mind of can’t.”
- “Every moment matters.”
- “I got nothing.”
- “Yup, another food pic.”
- “Why so serious?” —The Joker
- “Smile…it confuses people.”
- “Selfie in paradise.”
Food Instagram Captions
Food posts on Instagram are just as popular as ever. Next time you’re eating out at a great restaurant or finished preparing a delicious meal, pair it with a caption like one of the following.
- “I’m on a seafood diet. I see food, and I eat it.”
- “Cupcakes are muffins that believe in miracles.”
- “Did you say exercise? Or extra fries?”
- “I’m just a girl, standing in front of a salad, asking it to be a donut.”
- “My head says gym, but my heart says tacos.”
- “Food before dudes.”
- “Resting coffee face.”
- “First, we eat, and then we can do everything else.”
- “Grillin’ and chillin’.'”
- “Breakfast. All. Day.”
Instagram Captions for Couples
When you are in love, you want the whole world to know it. If you are not afraid of getting a little mushy on Instagram, consider adding one of these ultra lovey-dovey captions to a post featuring you and your better half.
- Firstly, “Forget the butterflies; I feel the whole zoo when I’m with you.”
- “Fall in love with somebody who will never let you go to sleep wondering if you still matter.”
- “She’s the exclamation mark in the happiest sentence that I could ever possibly write.”
- “Sometimes, someone comes into your life so unexpectedly, takes your heart by surprise, and changes your life forever.”
- “I love that you are my person, and I am yours, that whatever door we come to, we will open it together.” — A.R. Asher
- “I love her, and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Look at the stars, look how they shine for you and everything you do…” Yellow by Coldplay
- “How sweet it is to be loved by you…” — How Sweet It Is by James Taylor
- “You belong among the wildflowers.” — Wildflowers by Tom Petty
- “Love recognizes no barriers.” — Maya Angelou
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, Pinterest